Sunday, July 29, 2007

Search and Rescue, I am hoping and praying

John is on a search and rescue call right now and it doesnt look good. Most likely it will be a search and recovery. A 65 year old man has been camping near one of the peaks for about a month and the last time he checked in with anyone was July 19th. Three days ago, a friend was supposed to meet him at his camp site; However, she arrived to find his truck, atv, clothes, keys and spoiling food. They searched yesterday with no sign of him and resumed searching today at 5 a.m. Please be praying that God would lead the searchers to him. I think about his family, and my heart aches. I can't imagine waiting and then never finding him. I would want closure. I am also praying for all the searchers. I can imagine their hearts are heavy right now. I know John was anxious to get out there and find him but probably not looking forward to what he might find. There are at least 7 people from Camp on the search and rescue team and I am praying that this will provide an opportunity for them to share God's truth with the unbelievers from town.

3 comments:

Jaime Wright said...

Wow, Brooke. Will definitely be praying for John and the S&R team as well as this man's family. Hopefully God will provide a miraculous rescue, either earthly or eternally, during this search!
Love, Jaime

Papa Jim and Grammy Jo said...

Oh, how our hearts swell with joy and gratefulness as we see 'our John' and you in service to our Lord, with compassionate hearts and willing to go the extra mile to proclaim Christ, in your daily lives. We pray for this S&R team to have success in finding this man and to God be the Glory whatever the outcome!! Grammy Jo

Jessica P said...

I'm praying for a good outcome here! Update if you find out anything more!

The Wright's Ramblings

sharing a little more about our day to day lives