Saturday, July 21, 2007

Here we go...

I always said that I would never do this... "WHO HAS TIME?!" But here I am posting my first blog. Crazy I tell you! John and I wanted to have a place for people (who are interested) to log on and see what is happening in our lives and Camp Redcloud's ministry between newsletters. There is so much going on, we can't fit it all into our newsletters and also, so much more that you can be praying for.


The summer camping programs have about 3 weeks left! I can't believe that it has gone by so fast. I am not sure what we did, but I know we were busy. I tend to be babysitting most days (just call me brookie's day care). I don't know how that happened (I am learning that the word "no" doesn't come out of my mouth very often) but I guess I don't mind it too much. However, it will have to change quite a bit as fall comes along. I need to be schooling Ethan and focusing on my wifely duties around the house. Oh how I want to be a Proverbs 31 woman and I am praying that God will teach me more and more about his will for me as a wife to John and mom to Ethan.

This summer has brought it's share of challenges and trials. Staff that we have been cultivating relationships are struggling with life changing choices and situations. They have all been BIG things, too sensitive to share, yet we are feeling inadequate to deal with them. My heart aches one moment and is furious the next. However, I do believe God has placed these young adults in our lives purposefully. So I know that he will give us the wisdom to share His Truth. God is so faithful to us. I love to rest in the knowledge that he is in control and that he knows EXACTLY what he is doing. PRAISE GOD!


Fourth of July in Lake City




1 comment:

mom,dad said...

love you. we're praying for you and camp "people stuff"

The Wright's Ramblings

sharing a little more about our day to day lives