Monday, September 8, 2008

First Day of School

We are homeschooling Ethan and this picture is his first official day of school for his first grade year. Not the typical picture of a kid in a large class room with his back pack and cubbie, but It is pretty exciting for him. We pulled out the school table and set up for the day. Our first week went very well and we are looking forward to starting our second week tomorrow. Well, at least Ethan is, I have yet to sit down today and work on our lesson plans. Today was the first day of fall Horse Club. I cannot believe the improvement over last year. Last year I was his teacher, mainly getting him comfortable on the horse and getting him used to trotting and steering. But he would get very frustrated with me making him make the horse obey him. Weird sentence but it does make sense! It brought up a lot of good opportunities to share how John and I feel trying to guide him when he wants to do his own thing. Today was awesome though. He was with a group of 5 6yr. olds and he did great. I didn't see him fighting with the horse and he seemed to be very assertive with Sparky. Of course I forgot my camera, but I will get some pictures next week.
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

1 comment:

Jaime Wright said...

Yeah Ethan!!! You'll have to write me another story and send it to me ... tell your mom you want to do that for "Creative Writing" class! :)

The Wright's Ramblings

sharing a little more about our day to day lives